Cooling System Cleaning -- Continued.
Do not install the radiator fill cap. The engine is to be operated without the cap for this
process. Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
Do not operate engine with the pressure cap off at temperatures above 200 degrees
Fahrenheit (°F). Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
Starting engine will draw water into the engine cooling system, draining the radiator. Add water to
radiator cooler until engine cooling system and radiator cooler are full.
3. Start engine, and add clean water to radiator cooler (Figure 3, Item 3) as needed.
4. Allow cooling system to circulate clean water throughout cooling system for several minutes.
5. Drain radiator cooler (Figure 3, Item 3) when cleaning cycle is finished (perform Cooling System Draining
6. Fill radiator cooler (Figure 3, Item 3) with new 50/50 solution of coolant (perform Cooling System Filling task).
7. Install radiator cooler cap (Figure 3, Item 1) onto radiator cooler fill port (Figure 3, Item 2).
END OF TASK
2. Verify proper operation.
3. Dispose of wiping rags and captured fluids In Accordance With (IAW) local Standard Operating Procedure
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE