Cooling System Filling -- Continued.
3. Fill radiator cooler through radiator cooler fill port (Figure 2, Item 4) with 50/50 solution of coolant until coolant
covers radiator lip.
4. Wait 2 3 minutes for air to vent from cooling system. Add more coolant as needed to cover radiator lip.
Be sure to close radiator cooler cap securely to avoid coolant leakage. Engine may overheat if
cap is loose. Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
5. Install radiator cooler cap (Figure 2, Item 3) when radiator cooler is filled.
6. Remove coolant reservoir cap (Figure 2, Item 1) from coolant reservoir (Figure 2, Item 2).
7. Fill coolant reservoir (Figure 2, Item 2) up to COOL line with 50/50 solution of coolant.
8. Perform coolant gravity test In Accordance With (IAW) local Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
9. Install coolant reservoir cap (Figure 2, Item 1).
10. Set BATTERY DISCONNECT switch to ON (TM 5-3895-385-10).
Engine cooling fan has sharp blades. Use caution when starting engine with engine hood
assembly removed. Failure to comply may cause injury or death to personnel.
11. Start engine and run for 5 minutes (TM 5-3895-385-10).
12. Check cooling system for signs of coolant leak while engine is running.
13. Stop engine (TM 5-3895-385-10), and repair any leaks.
END OF TASK