(33) Auxiliary Hoses - Auxiliary hoses are used for filling the distributor or transferring the bitumen.
(34) Burner Fuel Tank - The tank stores diesel fuel for the low pressure atomizing burners used to heat the bitumen.
(35) Bitumeter Wheel - With the wheel lowered and the distributor in motion, the wheel measures ground speed in
terms of feet per minute.
(36) Air Line Lubricator - Lubricates air in the system to prevent corrosion of plumbing valves, air cylinders, etc.
(37) Hand Spray Gun - This gun is connected to the transfer valve and is used to spray areas not accessible using
the regular spray bar on the distributor.
(38) Burner Fuel Pump - The pump is driven by a direct drive coupling to the blower assembly which is powered by a
hydraulic motor The pump supplies diesel fuel to the burners from the burner fuel tank.
d. Truck Chassis Operation - You will need to become familiar with the truck chassis components Refer to TM 9
2320-273-10 for operating instructions.
1-5. Tabulated Data
a. Capacities, Weights, and Dimensions. - Table 1-1 lists data on the Bituminous Distributor capacities, weights,
and dimensions, which you may need when you are operating the equipment.
b. Instructions,- Data Plates Figure 1-2 identifies the bituminous body instruction and data plates.