JACKING THE BMPM WITH AIRBAGS
Figure 2. Location of Airbag Placement.
1. Ensure the BMPM track brake override is not engaged (TM 5-3895-385-10).
2. Drive the BMPM onto airbags, centering the airbag directly under the left and right track (Figure 2, Item 2) at
the torque hubs (Figure 2, Item 1).
3. Lift both sides of the BMPM off the ground equally with airbags.
4. Place the jack stand on the rear points of the rail (Figure 1, Item 1).
5. Lower the BMPM down onto the jack stand.
6. Make sure the BMPM is stable on the jack stand before proceeding to the front jacking/lifting points.
7. Lift front of the BMPM at frame cross rail (Figure 1, Item 3) off the ground with a suitable lifting device.
8. Place the jack stands on the front points of the rail (Figure 1, Item 2)
9. Lower the BMPM down onto the jack stands.
10. Make sure the BMPM is stable on the jack stands before performing maintenance.
END OF TASK