Track Removal -- Continued.
It may be necessary to use cribbing to assist in track installation.
1. Disconnect hydraulic hose (Figure 1, Item 3) from track tensioner hydraulic cylinder, and cap/plug hydraulic
It may be necessary to use ratchet strap from Basic Issue Items (BII) list to assist with front idler
retaining pin installation.
2. Cover hydraulic fitting on track tensioner hydraulic cylinder with wiping rag.
Hydraulic oil will leak out of track tensioner hydraulic cylinder when retracted. Have a drain pan
and rags in place to capture hydraulic oil.
3. Retract track tensioner hydraulic cylinder fully.
4. Cap/plug hydraulic fitting on track tensioner hydraulic cylinder.
5. Remove cotter pin (Figure 1, Item 2) and retaining pin (Figure 1, Item 1) from front idler to allow front idler to
slide back as far as possible. Discard cotter pin.
The pulley arm assembly mount weighs 114 pounds (lb) (52 kilograms (kg)). Use a suitable lifting
device. Failure to comply may cause injury or death to personnel.
Properly support the item being lifted. Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
6. Remove three bolts (Figure 1, Item 9), six lock washers (Figure 1, Item 8), and pulley arm assembly mount
(Figure 1, Item 10) from BMPM with assistance. Discard lock washers.
7. Remove five bolts (Figure 1, Item 7), flat washers (Figure 1, Item 5), lock washers (Figure 1, Item 6), and
shield plate (Figure 1, Item 4) from BMPM. Discard lock washers.