Track Installation -- Continued.
2. Slide front idler forward, and install retaining pin (Figure 3, Item 2) and new cotter pin (Figure 3, Item 1) onto
Hydraulic oil will leak out of track tensioner hydraulic cylinder when retracted. Have a drain pan
and rags in place to capture hydraulic oil.
3. Remove caps/plugs from hydraulic hose (Figure 3, Item 3) and track tensioner hydraulic cylinder hydraulic
4. Connect hydraulic hose (Figure 3, Item 3) onto track tensioner hydraulic cylinder.
The pulley arm assembly mount weighs 114 lb (52 kg). Use a suitable lifting device. Failure to
comply may cause injury or death to personnel.
Properly support the item being lifted. Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
5. Install three bolts (Figure 3, Item 9), six new lock washers (Figure 3, Item 8), and pulley arm assembly mount
(Figure 3, Item 10) onto BMPM with assistance.
6. Install five bolts (Figure 3, Item 7), flat washers (Figure 3, Item 5), new lock washers (Figure 3, Item 6), and
shield plate (Figure 3, Item 4) onto BMPM.
Be sure area surrounding BMPM is clear of personnel and objects before moving the unit,
opening hopper wings, lowering screed, or deploying screed extensions. Sound unit horn before
moving unit from stopped position. Turn on beacon when unit is in motion. Failure to comply may
cause injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
7. Set BATTERY DISCONNECT switch to ON (TM 5-3895-385-10).
8. Start BMPM engine (TM 5-3895-385-10).