BITUMINOUS MATERIAL PAVING MACHINE (BMPM)
PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
Tools and Special Tools
7/16 inch combination wrench (WP 0031, Item 14)
3/4 inch combination wrench (WP 0031, Item 17)
General purpose lubricating oil (WP 0033, Item 13)
LEVEL A PREPARATION
Equipment processed Level A is intended to provide protection for the equipment stored for
up to 48 months in an unheated warehouse environment or 24 months in an outdoor
environment such as the weather deck of an ocean-going vessel for a period of up to 24
months without exercising, inspections, or maintenance.
Additional information about Level A storage requirements can be found in MIL-STD-3003B
and TM 38-470.
5. Apply preservative film to bare metal portions of bolt-on screed extension kit (WP 0023).
6. Pack end gates, cutoff shoes, and bolt-on screed extension kit (WP 0023).
7. Park Bituminous Material Paving Machine (BMPM) on level lot.
8. Turn keyless engine switch to the OFF position (WP 0004).
10. Unless otherwise specified, notify field maintainer to disconnect batteries for storage exceeding 30 days, and
secure cable ends from contact with terminals using ratchet straps.