BITUMINOUS MATERIAL PAVING MACHINE (BMPM)
PREPARATION FOR USE
PREPARATION FOR USE PAVING AREA 6 TO 7 FEET WIDE
5. Install sonic auger sensors (if required for mission) (WP 0006).
8. Turn on electric screed heater and allow screed to heat for approximately 15 minutes (WP 0006).
9. Extend screed extension to appropriate width (WP 0006).
10. Place starter blocks under screed and lower screed onto starter blocks.
12. Adjust flight screw to the null position then turn one complete turn counterclockwise (thicker) (WP 0006).
13. Adjust screed crown to appropriate level (WP 0006).
15. Attach truck to BMPM using truck hitch (WP 0006).
16. Turn on augers/conveyors and select manual or automatic setting (sonic augers are required for automatic
17. Adjust pile height (for automatic auger/conveyor settings) or auger/conveyor speed (for manual
auger/conveyor settings) to appropriate settings (WP 0006).
END OF TASK