bottom of the control housing. Lubricate servo valve
spool (23) with clean transmission oil and insert into
control housing through valve sleeve (22). Check for
free movement. Any roughness may be removed with
Servo valve sleeve in position
20. Using seal plate (42) and a new seal (39), fill the
cavity between seal lips half full with Litholene multi-
purpose grease. Position seal, plate and gasket (27) on
control housing, being cautious not to damage the lip
seal. Install upper two cap screws (74) and lock washers
(25). See Fig. 85. Torque to 132 in. lbs.
Control valve spool with cam follower.
21. Position detent spring (80) and steel ball (81) in lever
Place lever assembly (82) and
18. Inspect ball seat in elbow fittings.
If seat is
assembled parts on valve spool (23) with washer (40)
damaged, replace the fitting. Install steel ball (49) in end
and a new selflocking nut (41). Turn in adjusting screw
cap (34). Wrap threads of pipe fitting(s) (1) or (7) with
(79) until spring (80) holds ball (81) in hole in detent
Teflon tape and install in end cap (34).
19. Insert servo valve sleeve (22) up through the
To check servo action, introduce
compressed air to internal feed port.
Actuate valve sleeve (22)