Fill Engine Oil -- Continued.
The total capacity of the lubrication system is 12 qt (11.35 L). When replacing the oil filter, 0.5
quarts (0.95 L) of engine lubricating oil will be placed into new oil filter. An additional 11.5 qt
(10.88 L) of engine lubricating oil are then required to bring the lubrication system to full capacity.
3. Add 11.5 qt (10.88 L) of approved engine oil (see Table 1) into engine oil fill port (Figure 4, Item 1).
Table 1. Approved Engine Lubricating Oil.
Above 77 degrees Fahrenheit (°F) (25 degrees
32°F to 77°F (0°C to 25°C)
Below 32°F (0°C)
4. Install engine oil fill cap (Figure 4, Item 2) to engine oil fill port (Figure 4, Item 1), and wait 5 minutes for
engine oil to settle into oil pan (not shown).
5. Ensure engine lubricating oil is at correct level (TM 5-3895-385-10).
6. Set BATTERY DISCONNECT switch to ON (TM 5-3895-385-10).
7. Run engine for 5 minutes (TM 5-3895-385-10), and check for oil leaks.
8. Recheck engine lubricating oil is at correct level (TM 5-3895-385-10).
BMPM engine cover is heavy. Support engine cover carefully when opening or closing. Open
engine cover completely when accessing or working on engine. Failure to comply may cause
injury or death to personnel.
9. Close engine cover (Figure 1, Item 3).
10. Press three latches (Figure 1, Item 1) against engine cover (Figure 1, Item 3) to secure latches and engine
END OF TASK
1. Set BATTERY DISCONNECT switch to OFF (TM 5-3895-385-10).
2. Dispose of captured oil and soiled rags IAW local SOP.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE