Drain Engine Oil -- Continued.
7. Remove plug (Figure 2, Item 2) from engine oil drain hose (Figure 2, Item 1), and allow engine oil to drain into
8. Install plug (Figure 2, Item 2) into engine oil drain hose (Figure 2, Item 1) when engine oil flow has stopped.
9. Close engine cover (Figure 1, Item 3).
10. Press three latches (Figure 1, Item 1) against engine cover (Figure 1, Item 3) to secure latches and engine
END OF TASK
Engine Oil Filter Replacement
BMPM engine cover is heavy. Support engine cover carefully when opening or closing. Open
engine cover completely when accessing or working on engine. Failure to comply may cause
injury or death to personnel.
Failure to replace engine oil filter when engine oil is changed allows contaminated oil to remain in
the engine. Replace engine oil filter every time engine oil is changed. Failure to comply will cause
damage to equipment.
1. Press buttons on three engine cover latches (Figure 1, Item 1) to release latches.
2. Raise engine cover (Figure 1, Item 3) fully, and remove dirt and debris from area around oil filter manifold
(Figure 3, Item 1).