Drain Engine Oil -- Continued.
1. Start and run engine for 5 minutes to warm engine oil (TM 5-3895-385-10).
2. Turn engine off (TM 5-3895-385-10), and set BATTERY DISCONNECT switch to OFF (TM 5-3895-385-10).
Bituminous Material Paving Machine (BMPM) engine cover is heavy. Support engine cover
carefully when opening or closing. Open engine cover completely when accessing or working on
engine. Failure to comply may cause injury or death to personnel.
3. Press buttons on three engine cover latches (Figure 1, Item 1) to release latches.
4. Raise engine cover (Figure 1, Item 3) fully, and remove dirt and debris from area around engine oil fill cap
(Figure 1, Item 2).
5. Remove engine oil fill cap (Figure 1, Item 2).