Manifold Assembly Hydraulic Solenoid Manual Override Test -- Continued.
Be sure area surrounding Bituminous Material Paving Machine (BMPM) is clear of
personnel and objects before moving the unit, opening hopper wings, lowering screed, or
deploying screed extensions. Sound unit horn before moving unit from stopped position.
Turn on beacon when unit is in motion. Failure to comply may cause injury or death to
personnel or damage to equipment.
Each hydraulic solenoid on the manifold assembly is equipped with an override
button. Pressing this button will manually activate the valve associated with the
If the maintainer suspects that a valve is stuck, the maintainer should attempt to
override the opposite override button (retract or extend) then attempt to override
desired solenoid. If this action achieves desired function (extend or retract), this
indicates a sticking valve and the solenoid should be replaced.
1. Locate hydraulic solenoid to be tested (Figure 1).
2. Turn engine on (TM 5-3895-385-10).
3. Press override button (Figure 2, Item 1) on hydraulic solenoid.
4. Observe hydraulic function or pressure being tested.
5. Release override button (Figure 2, Item 1) on hydraulic solenoid.
6. Turn engine off (TM 5-3895-385-10).
END OF TASK
2. Verify proper operation.
3. Dispose of hydraulic oil and wiping rags In Accordance With (IAW) local Standard Operating
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE