Figure 5. Front Screed Arm -- Connect.
There are many points on the BMPM where personnel could be injured by moving parts.
Care should be taken to avoid any pinch points when performing maintenance. Failure to
comply may cause injury or death to personnel.
Be sure area surrounding BMPM is clear of personnel and objects before moving the unit,
opening hopper wings, lowering screed, or deploying screed extensions. Sound unit horn
before moving unit from stopped position. Turn on beacon when unit is in motion. Failure to
comply may cause injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
1. Install left and right front screed arms (WP 0230).
2. Raise the screed raise hydraulic cylinders by hand over the screed, and drive tractor portion of BMPM to the
front of the screed, aligning the front screed arm (Figure 5, Item 5) with the rear screed arm (Figure 5, Item 4)
3. Stop BMPM engine (TM 5-3895-385-10).
4. Set BATTERY DISCONNECT switch to OFF (TM 5-3895-385-10).
5. Allow hydraulic system to cool (TM 5-3895-385-10).
6. Install eight bolts (Figure 5, Item 3), new lock washers (Figure 5, Item 2), and nuts (Figure 5, Item 1) on
screed arms on both left and right sides.