LEVEL A PREPARATION -- CONTINUED.
10. Attach red warning tag bearing the following information to preserved water tank in a conspicuous location
with DA Form 2258 annotated: "BEFORE PLACING IN USE, FLUSH SYSTEM WITH HOT WATER,
MINIMUM 160°F (71°C), AND DRAIN TO MAXIMUM EXTENT."
11. Spray 6 ounces (oz) of corrosion preventive compound (e.g., MIL-PRF-21260, Type I, Grade PE-10; MIL-
PRF-46002; or MIL-PRF-32033) into crankcase through oil filler cap opening with atomizer.
12. After atomizer spraying has been accomplished, install dipstick, close oil filter cap, and seal all openings to
engine interior, including dipstick shroud opening and oil filler cap with tape conforming to SAE-AMS-T-22085,
13. Spray 2 oz of corrosion preventive compound (e.g., MIL-PRF-21260, MIL-PRF-46002, or MIL-PRF-32033)
into exterior exhaust openings toward engine with atomizer.
14. Spray 1 oz of specified corrosion preventive compound into turbocharger exhaust with atomizer.
15. Seal openings with plastic plugs/caps conforming to MIL-C-5501 or tape conforming to SAE-AMS-T-22085,
16. Seal engine crankcase breathers with caps and plugs or with tape conforming to SAE-AMS-T-22085, type IV.
17. Disconnect air tubes from turbocharger and between turbocharger and engine.
18. Atomize spray corrosion preventive compound (MIL-PRF-21260, MIL-PRF-46002, or MIL-PRF-32033) 1 oz
into air intake of turbocharger, 1 oz into outlet of turbocharger, and 2 oz into air tube going to engine.
19. Reconnect all tubes and seal openings with tape SAE-AMS-T-22085, type IV.
20. Remove battery-charging alternator belt from tensioner pulley to release tension on belt (WP 0349).
21. Coat unpainted surfaces of pulley grooves with primer conforming to A-A-52465.
22. Prepare tag indicating, "BELT TENSIONS RELIEVED, ADJUST PRIOR TO STARTING ENGINE," with DA
Form 2258 annotated.
23. Coat exterior unpainted metal surfaces of BMPM with corrosion preventive compound In Accordance With
(IAW) MIL-PRF-16173, Grade 4 paying close attention to hose couplings, valves, drive chains, and sprockets.
END OF TASK
LEVEL A REMOVE FROM STORAGE
1. Fill fuel tanks with JP-8 fuel (TM 5-3895-385-10).
2. Pump JP-8 fuel into all fuel compartments of the machine and all valves operated to their maximum positions
to provide the corrosion preventive compound contact with all surfaces.
3. Remove red warning tag saying, "BEFORE PLACING IN USE, FLUSH COMPARTMENT AND FUEL
SERVICING SYSTEM WITH SAME FUEL WITH WHICH VEHICLE IS TO BE FUELED, AND DRAIN TO
MAXIMUM EXTENT," from BMPM.
4. Remove all tape from engine interior, including dipstick shroud opening and oil filler cap, turbocharger, engine
crankcase breathers, and air intake and exhaust systems.
5. Install battery-charging alternator belt onto tensioner pulley to release tension on belt (WP 0349).
6. Remove tag indicating, "BELT TENSIONS RELIEVED, ADJUST PRIOR TO STARTING ENGINE," with DA
Form 2258 annotated.