BITUMINOUS MATERIAL PAVING MACHINE (BMPM)
PREPARATION FOR SHIPMENT AND STORAGE
Tools and Special Tools
General Mechanics Tool Kit (GMTK) (WP 0440, Vol
DA Form 2258
3, Item 64)
Cap and plug set (WP 0440, Vol 3, Item 11)
Drain pan (WP 0440, Vol 3, Item 15)
Corrosion Preventive Compound (WP 0439, Vol 3,
Operator portion of Level A preparation completed
Tag (WP 0439, Vol 3, Item 100)
Tape (WP 0439, Vol 3, Item 101)
Engine cool (TM 5-3895-385-10)
Wiping rag (WP 0439, Vol 3, Item 89)
LEVEL A PREPARATION
1. Ensure all 100, 250, and 500 hour Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) items are
3. Fill fuel tanks with corrosion preventive compound MIL-I-23310, GR 1.
4. Pump corrosion preventive compound into all fuel compartments of the machine and all valves operated to
their maximum positions to provide the corrosion preventive compound contact with all surfaces.
5. Drain and recover corrosion preventive compound from fuel tanks and reuse for processing of other machines
provided not more than 10 percent of the fluid is fuel when tested.
6. Secure red warning tag saying, "BEFORE PLACING IN USE, FLUSH COMPARTMENT AND FUEL
SERVICING SYSTEM WITH SAME FUEL WITH WHICH VEHICLE IS TO BE FUELED, AND DRAIN TO
MAXIMUM EXTENT," to Bituminous Material Paving Machine (BMPM).
8. Pump a sufficient amount of corrosion preventive compound MIL-C-10381 to ensure complete coverage of
areas within cooling system from intake to outlet.
9. Drain corrosion preventive compound from cooling system (WP 0367), then close drain valve.