BITUMINOUS MATERIAL PAVING MACHINE (BMPM)
EXCESSIVE ENGINE OIL CONSUMPTION
References -- Continued
WP 0328, Vol 2
WP 0340, Vol 2
WP 0323, Vol 2
WP 0341, Vol 2
WP 0324, Vol 2
WP 0342, Vol 2
WP 0327, Vol 2
WP 0347, Vol 2
Engine oil pressure is high enough to penetrate skin. Keep hands and body away from any
pressurized leak. Use cardboard or paper to check for leaks. Failure to comply may cause injury
or death to personnel.
Table 1. Excessive Engine Oil Consumption.
TEST OR INSPECTION
1. Engine lubricating oil level too
Check oil level (TM 5-3895-385-
1. If oil level is correct, proceed to
2. If oil level is too high, drain oil
until level is accurate (WP
0341, Vol 2).
2. Engine lubricating oil change
Check maintenance records for
1. If oil change is nearly due or
most recent oil change.
past due, drain and change oil
(WP 0341, Vol 2).
2. If oil change is not due or not
past due, proceed to next
3. Incorrect grade of engine
Check maintenance records to
1. If oil grade is correct, proceed
lubricating oil used.
ensure correct oil grade for
to next malfunction.
ambient temperature range was
used at most recent oil change.