Table 1. Engine Failure To Start -- Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
2. Inspect fuel pump for leaks
1. If leaking, replace fuel pump (WP
(WP 0329, Vol 2).
0329, Vol 2).
2. If not leaking, proceed to next
10.Fuel supply line blocked.
1. Remove fuel supply hose from
fuel pump (WP 0331, Vol 2).
2. Place open end of fuel supply
1. If fuel flows into container,
hose into suitable catch
restore equipment to original
container lower than the level
condition, and proceed to next
of the fuel.
2. If no fuel flows into container,
replace fuel supply hose (WP
0331, Vol 2).
11.Fuel pressure drop across fuel
1. Disconnect fuel filter inlet line
from fuel filter head. Attach fuel
pressure gauge and adapter
(WP 0448, Vol 3, Figure 56).
2. Start engine (TM 5-3895-385-
1. If engine starts and fuel pressure
10) and idle, or if engine fails to
range at fuel filter inlet is
start, measure pressure while
between 73 pounds per square
inch (psi) (503 kiloPascals (kPa))
and 189 psi (1303 kPa), record
pressure, turn keyless engine
switch to OFF position (TM 5-
3895-385-10), restore equipment
to original condition, and go to
2. If engine does not start and fuel
filter inlet pressure at engine
cranking is between 44 psi (303
kPa) and 160 psi (1103 kPa),
record pressure, turn keyless
engine switch to OFF position
(TM 5-3895-385-10), restore
equipment to original condition,
and go to next test.