Table 1. SPN#167, FMI#16 ― Electrical Charging System Voltage High --
Moderately Severe Level -- Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
It may be necessary to place a load on the batteries, such as turning on the BMPM work lights,
to properly measure alternator output.
2. Install fuse box (WP 0277, Vol
3. Connect battery cables (WP
0357, Vol 2).
4. Start engine (TM 5-3895-385-
least 50 amps and not greater
than 80 amps, proceed to next
2. If alternator charging rate is
less than 50 amps or greater
than 80 amps, replace
Using Battery Analyzer
1. If charging system passes test,
turn keyless engine switch to
1. Install battery analyzer between
OFF position (TM 5-3895-385-
the positive (+) battery terminal
10), remove battery analyzer,
of one battery and then
and proceed to next
negative (-) battery terminal of
the other battery. Follow battery
2. If charging system does not
pass test, turn keyless engine
switch to OFF position (TM 5-
3895-385-10), and replace
4. Faults displayed on active fault
1. Start engine (TM 5-3895-385-
10) and let it idle for 1 minute.