BITUMINOUS MATERIAL PAVING MACHINE (BMPM)
Equipment Conditions -- Continued
Fuel tank no more than three-quarters full
Bolt-on screed extension kit removed (WP 0015)
1. This Work Package (WP) describes how to load and unload the Bituminous Material Paving Machine (BMPM)
on a flatcar for rail transport within the Continental United States (CONUS), Canada, and Mexico. The BMPM
is most often loaded/unloaded on a rail flatcar using drive-on/drive-off procedures at the railhead.
2. CONUS rail transport is governed by Association of American Railroads (AAR) regulations. CONUS rail
transport requires no disassembly.
3. Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) rail transport is governed by Gabarit International de
Chargement (International Loading Gauge) (GIC) regulations. OCONUS rail transport requires no
4. Before transporting machine, check with proper authorities to obtain necessary permits.
Rail transport with fuel tank more than three-quarters full is prohibited. Failure to comply may
cause injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
5. Safest rail transport is with fuel tank as close to empty as possible. Rail transport with fuel tank more than
three-quarters full is prohibited.
END OF TASK