BITUMINOUS MATERIAL PAVING MACHINE (BMPM)
References -- Continued
Table 1. Bituminous Material Paving Machine (BMPM) Troubleshooting Procedures.
TEST OR INSPECTION
1. Screed fails to raise or lower.
1. Check for Screed Up fault or
1. If no fault is found, proceed to
Screed Down fault indicated on
2. If fault is found, notify field
2. Check for proper BMPM setup
2. If conditions are met, proceed
to next test.
The screed down button will lower the screed even if the engine is off if the keyless engine switch
is in the AUX position. Ensure area around screed is clear any time the screed down button is
pressed. Failure to comply may cause injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
3. Check fuse box for blown fuse
1. If blown fuse is found, replace
2. If blown fuse is not found,
proceed to next test.