BITUMINOUS MATERIAL PAVING MACHINE (BMPM)
OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS
References -- Continued
Operation in Extreme Heat (Above 120 degrees Fahrenheit (°F) (49 degrees Celsius (°C)))
Exposed skin can burn on metal in extreme hot weather. Avoid contacting metal items with bare
skin in extreme hot weather. Failure to comply may cause injury or death to personnel.
1. Remove any obstructions from Bituminous Material Paving Machine (BMPM) ventilation openings (WP 0013).
2. Check water temperature gauge on engine screen frequently for any indication of overheating (WP 0004).
END OF TASK
Operation in Dusty or Sandy Areas
Do not allow sand or dust to contaminate any fluids on the BMPM. Failure to comply may cause
damage to equipment.
1. Do not fill fluids in dusty or sandy areas.
2. Perform daily lubrication tasks before beginning each work day (LO 5-3895-385-13).
3. Clean exterior BMPM surfaces prior to operation with a damp wiping rag while unit is completely shut down
paying close attention to grease fittings, hydraulic cylinders, flight screws, seat assembly slides, fuel fill cap,
cleaner fill cap, and any moving parts where dust and sand could collect.
4. Service air cleaner assembly (WP 0021) daily to compensate for intake of additional dust or sand.
END OF TASK