DRIVING THE BMPM -- CONTINUED.
Illuminated Light Emitting Diode (LED) indicates high-speed setting is selected.
The BMPM will only move if one control pedestal is set to the RUN position. If both control
pedestals are set to the RUN position, the joysticks will not be active.
1. Fasten seat belt.
2. Turn beacon light on (Figure 11, Item 1).
3. Turn the run/stop toggle switch (Figure 11, Item 3) on the desired (left or right) control pedestal to the RUN
4. Select high or low gear using two speed key (Figure 11, Item 6).
5. Set the desired max speed using pavers screen and up and down arrow buttons (Figure 11, Item 2) (WP
Turns should not be made while the BMPM is attached to a truck using truck hitch arms.
Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
Vehicle can be turned 360 degrees on its axis by moving one track forward and the other
track backward (counter rotation). This should never be done with a full load of material or
when two-speed setting is set to high. Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
Turning is done by moving one joystick (left or right) further than the other joystick. This will increase
speed of one track, causing the vehicle to veer left or right.
6. Use one hand to move the joysticks (Figure 11, Items 4 and 5) on the active (left or right) control pedestal in
the desired direction (forward or reverse) to reach the desired speed.
END OF TASK