14. HOPPER WINGS. Raise to dump paving material to
conveyors. Lower to increase volume of the hopper.
15. CONVEYORS. Move paving material from hopper to
16. DIESEL ENGINE AIR INTAKE. Provides air supply
to diesel engine.
17. EXHAUST MUFFLER. Dissipates heat and reduces
noise level of diesel exhaust.
18. CONSOLE GUIDE SHAFT. Allows tractor operator
to move operator control console from side to side.
19. FLOW GATES. Control the amount of paving
material flowing to the augers.
20. RUBBER FLASHINGS. Prevent paving material
from spilling out of the hopper.
21. PUSH ROLLERS. Maintain contact with the haul
truck wheels allowing paving machine to push the
22. COUNTERWEIGHT. Increases stability of paving
machine during travel.