14. Remove two hex bolts (17) two tab lock washers
(16) and remove one clip (15), one bearing plate (14),
and two spacers (13). See Fig 112. Inspect bearing
plate (14). If wear is evident or there are scratches in the
bearing surface, discard bearing plate and replace. If
beating plate (14) must be discarded, disassemble other
return plate spacer and discard second bearing plate. If
bearing plate (14) is reuseable, do not disassemble
second return plate spacer, assembly.
Removing cam reaction plate
16. Inspect cam assembly (12) for damage. Remove
any burrs or nicks from the face of the cam with a fine
Inspect trunnion bearings (23) for galling,
roughness, or cracked cages.
If damaged, press
trunnion bearings from cam (12) using an arbor press
and a plug 11/2" in diameter.
On a major overhaul, replace
Return plate spacer disassembly
trunnion bearings (23), regardless of
conditions, as described above.
On older units, remove two hex bolts (A) tab lock
17. Remove O ring (31) from flange (2). See Fig. 125.
washers (B) and return plate guides (C). See Fig. 123.
Removing flange square ring
18. Reverse mounting flange (2) and remove four hex
bolts (3) (six where applicable) and lock washers (6).
Pre phase III return plate guides
15. Slip out piston return plate (19) and piston
If the shaft seal retainer (57) has two 1/4" threaded
assemblies (18). Pick wear plate (20) from cam
pulling holes, use two 1/4" bolts and screw into-threaded
holes until the gasket seal is broken.