Operating the Paver
Paving with Operator in Right Hand Seat Position
Movement of the paver and all paving function is controlled from the operator's console (See Figure 1).
This electrical unit is mounted on a support which can be picked up and shifted from one side of the paver to
the other along with operator's seat. The electrical cable is long enough to reach both positions. All of the
operators controls are toggle switches except the main clutch and the transmission shift levers. The individual
switch functions are follows: (Refer to Figure 2).
1. Horn Switch: Used mainly to signal truck drivers and crew members. The horn switch is two position;
ON-OFF with spring loading to OFF.
2. Duo-matic Switch : Used as main power switch for automatic screed control system (when purchased).
If the system is not supplied the switch is not connected.
3. Throttle Switch : Adjusts engine speed to the following,
(a) Idle speed (center position)
(b) Immediate full throttle (forward position)
(c) Gradual full throttle if travel switches are in TRAVEL position so that a Soft Start of paver
movement occurs (rear position). The switch has three positions; FULL-IDLE-SOFT START.
4. Vibrator Switch: Starts and stops screed vibrators used for initial compaction, if the paver is moving
The switch has two positions; ON-OFF.
5. Track Switches (Right Hand and Left Hand): Engage electric clutches in paver track drive system
and electric brakes. Each track has its own control switch so that the paver can be turned by operating only
one track drive. The machine pivots on the opposite track. If an abrupt turn is to be made the switch for the
pivot track can be