Exploded View of Screed Heater
TO OPERATE SCREED HEATER (OIL FIRED)
1. Set engine operation at idle speed.
2. Close air vent cover & adjustable air damper.
3. Open the supply tank valve. (If closed)
4. Open burner feed valve. (If closed)
5. Set solenoid selector switch to BURNER.
6. Push burner switch to ON (*) at instrument panel. Turn junction box burner switch to ON.
7. Check sight hole in flame chamber for flame.
8. Adjust air damper on burner to obtain bright, clean fire. (Approximately 1/3 to 1/2 open.)
To Turn Burner Off
1. Set solenoid selector switch to OFF.
2. Open air vent cover.
3. Run burner blower for approximately 15 minutes or until fumes and heat are dissipated in screed.
4. Turn junction box burner switch to OFF (*). Pull instrument panel switch to OFF.
5. Close air vent cover at end of day's run to prevent moisture from entering screed.
(*) NOTE: Burner will re-light quicker when switch has been at "OFF' for two or three minutes, and air
damper is closed.
Burner Nozzle & Ignition Electrodes
To Use Spray Hose
1. Run engine at idle speed.
2. Open supply tank valve. (If closed)
3. Open spray hose valve. (If closed)
4. Set solenoid selector switch to Spray Down.
5. Push burner switch ON at instrument panel.
6. Turn junction box burner switch to ON.