MANUAL OPERATION OF MATERIAL FEED
The two parallel but separate material feed systems
are controlled by toggle switches on the operators
console. These switches engage and disengage electric
clutches. (See Figures 3 and 4). The switches are three
position; MANUAL-OFF-AUTO. When the paver is in
Forward gear with engine running each feed system
combination of one slat conveyor and one screw conveyor
will operate whenever the toggle switch is set to
MANUAL. The operator must observe the feed and
operate the switch to keep material ahead of the screed
but not flowing over the mold board.
AUTOMATIC OPERATION OF MATERIAL FEED
The depth feeler assembly can be quickly set for
automatic operation as follows: (See Fig. 12 & 13)
1. Loosen the control arm clamp so that it is loose on
the switch shaft.
2. Lower the arm to within A" of the positive stop which
Adjustable Material Depth Control Switch
keeps it from swinging farther downward. (A spacer can
with Feeler Arm - RH Assembly Shown
be used to hold the 1/16 setting).
3. Turn the switch shaft until an audible click indicates
that the internal contacts have closed, then while holding
that setting, tighten the clamp on the control arm.
4. Start engine and move feed switch on the console to
5. Manually raise and lower control arm to make sure
switch starts and stops conveyor at the point set.
6. To set the depth of material desired, move the
Extension which is clamped to the Control Arm. When
the extension is moved closer to the switch a higher
level of material at that point will
Recommended Setting Of Control Assemblies