VARIABLE SPEED MECHANICAL GOVERNOR (OPEN LINKAGE) AND
INJECTOR RACK CONTROL ADJUSTMENT
After adjusting the exhaust valves and timing the fuel
injectors, adjust the governor (Fig. I) and the injector
Adjust Variable Speed Spring Tension
1. Adjust the variable speed spring eye bolt until 1/8" of
the threads project from the outer lock nut .(Fig. 2).
Preliminary Governor Adjustments
2. Tighten both lock nuts to retain the adjustment.
1. Clean the governor linkage and lubricate the ball
joints and bearing surfaces with clean engine oil.
NOTE: This setting of the eye bolt will produce
approximately 7% droop in engine speed from no-
2. Back out the buffer screw until it projects 9/ 16" from
load to full-load.
the boss on the control housing.
Position Injector Rack Control Lovers
The position of the injector control racks must be
correctly set in relation to the governor. Their position
Fig. 2 - Adjusting Governor Spring Eye Bolt
Fig. 1 - Variable Speed Open Linkage Governor
Mounted on Engine
3. Back out the booster spring eye bolt until it is flush
with the outer lock nut.