1. FOR OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT IN PROTRACTED COLD TEMPERATURES BELOW -15 (-26 ).
Remove lubricants prescribed in Key for temperatures above -15 (-26 ). Relubricate with lubricants
specified in Key for temperatures below -15 (-26 ). If OEA lubricant is required to meet the temperature
ranges prescribed in the Key, OEA lubricant is to be used in place of OE/HDO-10 lubricant for all temperature
ranges where OE/HDO-10 is specified in the Key.
2. OIL CAN POINTS. Each 50 hours lubricate all throttle linkage, pulleys, pins and all exposed threads with
3. MAGNETO. Each 500 hours remove cap, apply GAA sparingly to breaker cam, and lubricate the cam wick
sparingly with OE/H DO.
4. OIL FILTER. Each 100 hours remove can-type throw away element and replace element. Fill crankcase,
operate engine 5 minutes, check for leaks, check oil level and bring to "FULL" mark.
5. ENGINE. Oil is to be changed each 100 hours. Drain when lubricant is warm.
6. WHEEL BEARINGS. Each 500 hours, remove wheels, clean and inspect all parts, replace damaged or
worn parts, repack bearings, and assemble.
7. AIR CLEANER. Each 10 hours, refill reservoir to level mark. Each 50 hours disassemble entire unit,
clean, re-oil and assemble.
8. TRANSMISSION. Check level each 50 hours. Change gear lubricant only when required by maintenance
repair action, or contamination by water or other foreign material. After refill, operate 5 minutes, check for
leaks, and bring oil to "FULL" mark. Drain when lubricant is warm.
9. CLUTCH THROWOUT SLEEVE. Each 50 hours remove cover, lubricate with OE/HDO and install cover.
10. CRANKCASE BREATHER. Each 50 hours remove, clean and re-oil breather with OE/HDO.
11. BITUMETER CABLE DRIVE. Each 250 hours remove plug, install fitting, lubricate with GAA, remove
fitting and install plug.
The following is a list of lubricants with military symbols and applicable specification
(SD), Type II
Copy of this Lubrication Order will remain with the equipment
at all times, instructions contained herein are
By order of the Secretary of the Army:
JOHN A. WICKHAM JR.
General, United States Army
Chief of Staff
ROBERT M. JOYCE
Major General, United States Army
The Adjutant General
To be distributed in accordance with DA Form 12-25B, Operator and Organizational
maintenance requirements for Liquid Bituminous Material Distributors.
*U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE: 1984-420-903/205
CARD 4 OF 4